2018 Professional Development Workshop
9.30am kick off
Introductions and Agenda Review
Minute Paper Exercise - Coaching vs. Advising vs. Mentoring
This short session takes you through the Development Dimensions International (DDI) model of interaction skills - a simple model which is great for fostering high quality interactions, communication and relationship building in all aspects of our lives - and listening skills via a TedEd Video: Are you a good listener?
This succinct digital lesson takes you through the basics of the GROW Coaching Model. GROW is particularly relevant to use with young people as it is highly flexible and can be adapted to a range of unstructured and structured situations.
10.45 - MORNING TEA
- Future Pathways Support Printable Form - Sample
- For those who have not used Bulls-Eye before:
- Bulls-Eye Online Career Tool (use your email address and the password pd to login)
- For those who have used Bulls-Eye before:
- Resilience, stress and the Grit Scale
Bulls-Eye Debrief using a basic GROW format
Click to open the Bulls-Eye GROW Coaching Template below, then login as your volunteer student (details below). Review their results using the coaching template hints and tips and prepare a coaching plan for your student.
Bulls-Eye GROW Coaching Template (interactive pdf)
- Robin Penman |firstname.lastname@example.org | sarah |
- Maxine Gilmour | email@example.com | mae |
- Sue Phillips |firstname.lastname@example.org | grace |
- Craig McCracken | email@example.com | alex |
- Doreen Waite | firstname.lastname@example.org | izzac |
- Caroline Johnson | email@example.com | larissa |
- Andrea Sims |firstname.lastname@example.org | emily |
- Emma Nicoll |email@example.com | peter |
- Cathy Blake |firstname.lastname@example.org | ashlee |
- Josie Hunter | email@example.com | bayley |
- Pam Knight | firstname.lastname@example.org | jemima |
- Lesley Cox | email@example.com | jade
- Jade Powell | firstname.lastname@example.org | francis
- Lynda Vidulich | email@example.com | georgia
In this session we look at Generation Z and the future of skills.
This digital lesson provides a simple introduction to the future of skills and takes users through an interactive overview of the Bulls-Eye future-fit skills framework.